IEC 61850 ICD Designer
The ICD Designer is a state-of-the-art software tool to configure and model IEC 61850 client and server enabled products. It has unique capabilities for updating and manipulating SCL, CID and ICD files with an intuitive, user-friendly interface.
Our latest release not only offers multi-platform support but also retains the same look and feel as our previous versions, with some important updates and useful additions.
The biggest highlight of the ICD Designer is its capability to create IEC 61850 standard compliant SCL files with full support for Edition 1, Edition 2 and Edition 2 (2007B) templates. In addition, the ICD Designer boasts a new feature that permits the user to conveniently customise and import templates.
ICD Designer is the recommended configuration tool for SystemCORP’s IEC 61850 Protocol Stack and has already been used with a large number of various customer applications and devices.
Create your own IEC 61850 configuration files using IEC 61850 Logical Devices (LDs) and Logical Nodes (LNs).
There are over 300 Logical Nodes defined in IEC 61850. With the new “Template Customiser” feature you can create Customised Logical Node Templates specifically for your product design. Customised logical node templates increase the user friendly appearance of the ICD Designer to the user and makes the IEC 61850 configuration process easier.
- Add custom logical nodes
- Edition 1 and Edition 2 Support
- Template Customiser Feature
- Export/Import DAID templates
- GOOSE Subscription *
- Multiple Access Point
- Unicode Support
- Client CID File Designer
- Quick Validate** function for design
*GOOSE Subscription using both external reference and internal address as used by Siemens DIGSI and private fields as used by SystemCORPs ICD Designer
**The Validate Function is only for SystemCORP’s PIS-10 IEC 61850 stack.
- Windows XP
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
ICD Designer Demo
- Download the ICD Designer Demo which includes the User Manual by clicking on the Download Link above.
- Run the executable file, ICDDesignerSetup.exe. This will open the ICD Designer Demo Setup Wizard. Click through the Setup and install the Demo.
- Once it is installed it will automatically try to open the ICD Designer. You will also need to have the compatible version of Java Runtime Environment on your machine. The ICD Designer will direct you to the correct location to install this if you do not have the correct version already.
- You can open the ICD Designer User Manual by clicking on the ? icon. This will bring up the ‘About’ page and you can access the User manual by clicking on the Open User Manual button located at the top right corner.
- You can use the Demo software to develop your ICD files. You can also install the IEC 61850 Evaluation DLL from the IEC 61850 product page.
This demo has restricted features. Contact us to purchase the full version.
- Corrected basic types of several service tracking DOs
- Remove duplicate “IP” address field when adding a new access point
- Edition 2: Include all DOs from the Common LN from which most logical nodes inherit
- PhyHealth now uses HealthKind enumeration
- Correct enumeration value of ModKind and BehKind to “on-blocked” instead of “blocked”
- Correct enumeration values of AutoRecStKind
- Only output DBPos as an enumeration value in Edition 1
- Added a default “Val” when adding values to Booleans (“false”)
- Add “configRev” to LLN0$NamPlt in the default new project and when adding new IEDs, as configRev is mandatory for LLN0
- Correct a version of graphics library which was causing graphical glitches
- Saving ICD files with empty LNs is working again (common for client CID filies)
- Improved error handling when checking ICD rules
- Hour and minute added to SIUnitKind enumeration
- Add resvTms and Owner on Services/ReportSettings/
- Add resvTms on Setting Group Control Blocks
- Add resvTms on Services/SettingGroups/ ConfSG and SGEdit
- Now maintains knowledge of the loaded file’s custom user data type templates after using the “Customised Logical Node Manager”
- The DataSet builder now remembers the last ‘checked’ state and expansion level of all items when the functional constraints are changed
- In the Add DO menu, allow the drop-down menu to expand with the size of the window
- Allow descriptions of drop-down menu items to expand while the item remains a fixed size
- Add tooltip on two-column drop down menus, matching the description of the item. This makes it easier to read when the current window size is too small to fit the complete description
- Edition2: Update to the Ed2 schema 2007B.2014-01-22
- Edition2: Update default revisions to “B” instead of “A” as per new schema requirements
- Edition2: Allow name length to be configurable in IED services
- Edition2: EEHealth now uses HealthKind enumeration
- Edition2: ProtNs support improved in GUI
- Edition2: ProtNs is now correctly output on SBO types in the data type templates
- Edition2: SBO is now VisString129
- Edition2: Add ProtNs to all command types
- Edition2: Add missing LocKey DO to XCBR
- Edition2: Updated many Enum types to their “Kind” variants
- Edition2: Add option to add “Log” nodes under logical nodes